Shravan Pradeep, Ph.D.
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Pennsylvania in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences. I am advised by Prof. Arratia (Penn Complex Fluids Lab) and Prof. Doug Jerolmack (PennSed Lab). My research objective is to develop experimental framework that help researchers from soft matter and geophysics backgrounds understand flow mechanics and failure in model earth materials. Prior to starting at Penn, I was a doctoral student at Hsiao Lab working towards understanding the effect of surface roughness on flow properties of dense colloidal suspensions. I graduated with a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from NC State University in 2021.
- Understanding role of jamming point in complex debris flow.
- Develop model earth material system to study flow and failure in wet granular materials.
- Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC (2016-2021)
- Research Assistant, Biosensors & Nanomaterials Lab, IIT Delhi, India (2015-2016)
- Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering Department, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, India (2013-2015)
- Production Engineering, Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizer, Mangalore, India (2012-2013)
Certifications and Awards (Selected)
- Teaching and Communications Certificate, NC State University (2021)
- Graduate Student Association Conference Travel Award, NC State University (2019)
- Provost University Graduate Fellowship, NC State University (2016-2017)
- Prime Minister’s Merit Scholarship, Ministry of Defense, Government of India (2008-2012)
- Shravan Pradeep, Mohammad Nabizadeh, Alan R. Jacob, Safa Jamali, and Lilian Hsiao, “Jamming distance dictates colloidal shear thickening”, Physical Review Letters (2021).
- Shravan Pradeep and Lilian Hsiao, “Contact criterion in dense suspensions of smooth and rough colloids”, Soft Matter (2020).
- Lilian Hsiao and Shravan Pradeep, ““Experimental synthesis and characterization of frictional particles for colloidal and granular rheology”, Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science (2019).
- “Probing contact microstructure in shear thickening colloidal suspensions”, ACS Colloids and Surface Science Symposium, 2021 (Langmuir Graduate Student Oral Award Presenter).
- “Distance to jamming dictates onset stress and strength of shear thickening”, International Congress on Rheology, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2020 (Keynote Session Speaker).
- “Synthesis and characterization of Fe3+ and Mn2+ doped ZnS nanocrystals”, Workshop on Analytical Instruments for Chemical and Environmental Engineers, Pilani, India, 2015 (Second Best Poster Award).
- Please contact me by email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shravan-pradeep-97164728/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pradeep_shravan